Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The team.


She lived vicariously through my post secondary education.  She helped me move into my first apartment.

In my absence, she enjoyed short sheeting my bed, putting lampshades on upside down and removing labels.  We always made everything fun for each other.     

My first day there alone, I felt her love with each silly thing I discovered. 

Her regular letters helped stifle any homesickness.  

I couldn’t wait for her to come and spend the weekend.  She gladly drove us around my new city and helped me make it feel more familiar. 

We went and checked out the night life together. 

It was so much fun. 

She wanted to be a part of it all.

Often, she called me long distance only to hear me speak non-stop the entire time!

She met all my new friends and they always liked her.  People found it strange how close we were. 

We became special to others because of our close relationship. 

We had always liked each other’s company.  It was only unique to them.

‘The girls,’ label, from our childhood had evolved.  It was no longer a term used just for her.  Now it was about both of us.  It was used to define us.

We were a team and others admired us for it. 

We both enjoyed our fame...but we never said so, not once. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment