Sunday, November 3, 2013

The apartment.


While I was away at college, she got her own apartment.

They did not want her to, but, she was ready to live on her own. 

Having completed her own college course, she had accepted full-time work. 

 

I loved going to her place. 

 

We spent a lot of time on her ‘ever so comfy’ sectional couch! 

It felt like my own apartment when I was there.

She had this queen sized water bed that I loved to sleep in.

When we weren’t on her couch, we were in her warm bed! 

 

We would have friends over and laugh the night away.

Her friends were my friends and my friends were hers.

We would destroy the place. 

Sundays were always the best.

We would be in hysterics as we recalled the night before. 

Lack of sleep made cleaning the apartment a comedy routine in itself.

 

These were the easy days. 

Life was good for both of us. 

We were happy. 

We didn’t know the future, nor did we care to very much. 

 

We thought we had it all. 

And we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment