Friday, November 22, 2013

The disease.


Her health became an issue.

Jaw surgery was only the start.

 

Carpal tunnel surgery was done on both of her wrists at the same time....

I have a picture of her naked in the tub with her arms wrapped for protection over her head!  

It was during a fun time in her life. 

She was prepping for her wedding and now was rendered useless as she couldn’t do anything. 

I wrote her invitations for her and complained the whole time!

 

Periodic, but, intensely painful stomach attacks lasted for a decade as the doctors tried to diagnose.

She had gull bladder surgery.

She had a hysterectomy.

Finally, she was diagnosed with Crohns disease.

Inevitably, a bowel resection became necessary. 

 

When she was sick I was on call. 

I would take care of her babe in her absence. 

 

Crohns cared not about time of day or full schedules. 

She was always so thankful.

‘What would I do without you?’  She would ask.

 

Her health made her weak again. 

Her health gave me the power back.

I didn’t want it. 

It came with too much responsibility now. 

 

I never told her that.

Not once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment