Saturday, November 9, 2013

The big day.


I slept in!  I slept in! 

Unbelievable! 

I grabbed whatever clothes were handy and raced to the hospital.

She laughed at me.  The joyous emotion of yesterday was still present although the medical reality was seeping into the mix. 

 

In her hospital gown, she lay in bed.  She was anxious....and hungry.

We fantasized about the birth, the first meal she would get and when I could hold the baby. 

She went nervously when it was time.  We hugged. 

We hugged.

 

Doctors told us the epidural was unsuccessful so she was accepting full anesthesia and would be asleep for the birth.

I was heart broke for her.

I knew she wanted to be awake when her baby was born. 

I hoped she wasn’t sad in there without me.

 

I imagined her disappointment, when she realised she had missed her babe’s first moments of life.

Poor her. 

Some of the joyous emotion disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment