Friday, November 15, 2013

The homecoming.



Her baby had survived against all odds. 

Miraculously, she was able to bring her baby home.

It appeared that babe was born with a strength and determination even larger than her Mom’s.

‘Go home and grow the baby.’  The doctor advised.



The child sealed her soul. 

Her love for her child brought forth a confidence that was to be respected by all who entered their life. 
 
 

The insecurities of her youth...gone. 

The inability to stand up for herself...gone. 

She had a child to raise.

A child to nurse.

A child to love.

 

Nothing would stand in her way.

 

I was no longer powerful.

She had made her own place outside of me. 

She became the leader as I became the cheerleader and supporter. 

 

She taught me to respect her.

She taught me how to love. 

She taught me how to be selfless.

She taught me to be thankful. 

 

I never told her that. 

Not once.

No comments:

Post a Comment